Supportive Cancer Care
Integrative cancer care is the provision of complementary medicine alongside chemotherapy, radiation, and other traditional treatments. This evidence-informed approach to care may help:
- Improve quality of life
- Decrease side effects of cancer treatments
- Support physical, mental and emotional well-being
The Centre for Health Innovation (CHI) offers a variety of integrative and complementary medicine practices in support of hospital-based care. All therapies are provided in a manner that is ethical, supportive, safe and in consultation with clinicians and pharmacists.
Supportive Cancer Care at Any Stage
- Recent cancer diagnosis
- Currently undergoing hospital-based treatments
- Before & after hospital-based treatments
- Caregivers of people with cancer
- Prevention of cancer recurrence
- Cancer risk reduction (prevention)
About the Centre for Health Innovation
The Centre for Health Innovation (CHI) came into being in October 2020 and is the new home for the Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) which previously operated as part of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine for nine years.
About the Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre
The OICC is known as the first integrative cancer care and research centre in Eastern Canada and has been awarded the two largest-ever integrative cancer care research grants in North America.